South Asian Foundation for Human Initiatives
- Development has to have a local footprint
- Community support is the key to success
- Livelihood sustenance demands strong linkages
- Focus on security, not survival.
Our Rational Premise
- Sustenance is in earning our livelihood.
- Security is strength.
- We define achievement as growth over the past to be invested in the future
- We hold hands to stride along, not plead.
- We extend our arms to lay the foundation for our children.
- We propagate human initiatives.
Perceived in a dynamic environment, characterised by a shift in state policy from centrally managed supply driven approach to a decentralised demand driven community based approach.
Safhi engages local communities in a dynamic process of improving citizen access to justice, creation of livelihoods, restoring community cohesion, promoting solidarity across communities, and environmental protection & management of the micro-ecosystems up to bio-regions
Safhi recognises that grassroots level interventions supported by social and developmental research, leads to Informed Choice and Partnership. Hence, it approaches the programme and process as a participant with focus on people’s involvement and initiatives through:
- Information Dissemination
- Capacity Building
- Social Participation
- Resource Networking
- Institution Development
- Harnessing Intersectional Synergies
The eighth year since inception witnessed remarkable strides in new initiatives of Safhi namely in the spheres of Health care & support and Livelihood support programmes besides continuing its activities in the areas of Resettlement & Rehabilitation, Land & Water Management and Water/ Sanitation programmes.
- Multi disciplinary team: Professionals with Safhi include specialists in the area of Sociology, Anthropology, Soil & Water Conservation, Watershed Mgt, Medicine, Health, Rural Dev., Economics, Statistics, Public Administration, Environment, Natural Sciences, Marketing Mgt, Architecture, Regional Planning, Communication and IT.
- Nation-wide skilled manpower network: Safhi engages about 150 full time professional across the nation and has a panel of 1500 trained Facilitators and Supervisors.
- Professional Management: Elected Governing body members constitute Safhi Governing Body. An Executive Committee comprising the President, Secretary and Treasurer look after the regular management of the Organisation.
Name: South Asian Foundation for Human Initiatives, Calcutta, Registered Office: 222, A.J.C Bose Road, 3rd Floor, Space 3 A, Kolkata 700 017 Telefax 033 2283 0663, Phone: 033 2283 0664/0742/0743, E-mail: Safhi@Safhi.org.
Registration Act XXVI of 1961, West Bengal vide Registration Number: S/ 88428 of 1997-98.Date: November 5, 1997 as a Non-Profit Organisation (NPO), Place: Kolkata, West Bengal, FCRA Registration: Safhi is Registered with FCRA vide certification 147120559 of 8th December 2000
: 80 G certificate for the exemption U/S 80 G of I.T Act 1961
|Name of the Organisation:
||South Asian Foundation for Human Initiatives
|Registered Office Address:
||222, A.J. C Bose Road, Space - 3A, Kolkata 700017, West Bengal
Phone: (033) 2283 0742/ 0743/ 0664
Fax: (033) 2283 0663
Registered vide Societies Registration ACT, Number S/88428 of 1997-98, dated 5.11.1997 in Kolkata, West Bengal
- SAFHI is exempted under Section 80 G of IT Act, 1961, India
- SAFHI has registration under Section 12 A of IT Act, 1961
SAFHI is registered with FCRA certification vides no. 147120559 of 8th December 2000
Name of Chief functionary & Designation:
|Mr. Amit Roy, President
Elected Governing body members constitute
SAFHI Governing Body. An Executive Committee Comprising the President, Secretary and Treasurer looks after the regular management of the Society.
- World Bank
- Ford Foundation
- IFAD (Jeevika Project)
- EU (MIP Orissa)
- State AIDS Control Society
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Water Resource
- Department of Science and Technology
Technical and Research Institutions
- Centre for Co-op. Mgt
- AC Nielsen
- ITC Welcome
- Tata BP Solar
- SRL Ranbaxy
- Panacea Phama
- Kegg Farm